Course Prerequisite: Clinical/Educational Degree
The Safe & Sound Protocol (SSP): A Portal to Social Engagement Training Course is an on-demand course. The course includes lectures from Dr. Stephen Porges and Dr. Keri Heilman, as well as information on including the SSP in your practice. For your convenience, the course can be taken from any location, and does not have to be completed all at once. The SSP Training has several parts. We’ve broken the training into short chapters, with short quizzes after several of the chapters. You are free to interrupt your training at any time. We estimate it will take you between two and three hours to complete these sections.
Here’s an overview:
- Understanding: (Estimated time: 45-50 minutes)Dr. Porges discusses the SSP in the context of the Polyvagal Theory and the Social Engagement System
- Administering: (Estimated time: 45-50 minutes) Instructions from Dr. Heilman on administering the SSP
- Integrating: (Estimated time: 45-50 minutes) Ideas for integrating the SSP into your practice.
- Answering: (Optional. Estimated time: 45-50 minutes) In a recorded Q&A, Dr. Heilman and iLs Associate and pediatric occupational therapist Doreen Hunt answer some frequently asked questions
- Certification: (Optional. Estimated time: 5 days) Complete a full SSP program with a client and provide pre & post information. Successful submission will enable you to be listed on our website as an SSP provider. An electronic copy of the SSP Associate Manual is available upon registering for this course.
Successful completion of The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) training course is required before ordering the SSP system which is offered on a subscription basis.
- Additional Information
Date 22 Mar 2017 Tax Class Tax Exempt